NOTICE OF VACANCY
1 – MEDICAL OFFICER IV
Employment Status: Permanent
Plantilla Item No.: 33
Salary Grade: 23
Monthly Salary: PHP 73,811
Education: Doctor of Medicine
Experience: 1 Year of Relevant experience preferably in rehabilitation
Training: 4 Hours of Relevant Training
Eligibility: RA 1080
Place of Assignment: ECC Head Office – Makati
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES:
ANALYTICAL THINKING (Expert)
Ability to use logical, systematic reasoning, to understand, analyze and resolve problems.
- Identifies multiple elements of a problem and breaks down each of those elements in detail, showing causal relationships between them (A leads to B leads to C leads to D)
- Analyzes relationships among several parts of a problem or situation (e.g., anticipates obstacles and thinks ahead about next steps, in detail, anticipating multiple steps)
- Determines appropriate steps to be taken to achieve the desired end results and create necessary test criteria and procedures
- Uses several analytical techniques to break complex problems into component parts and identifies several solutions and weighs the value of each
Ability to do things on his/her own with strong predisposition to improve results and create opportunities.
- Acts quickly and decisively in a crisis or other time-sensitive situation
- Acts with a sense of urgency when the norm is to wait, study the situation, and hope the problem will resolve itself
Ability to exemplify high standards of professional behavior as public servants, adhering to ethical as well as moral principles, values and standards of public office.
- Inspires others to act at the highest level of honesty and integrity
- Identifies and differentiates ethical and moral principles and values from inappropriate, unethical or dishonest behaviors
- Creates, develops and ensures that feedback procedures are in place and working effectively to ensure accurate and timely monitoring of performance
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION SKILLS (Expert)
Ability to receive and convey ideas, instructions, and information by using appropriate language, method and manner to ensure the audience understands the message and takes necessary action.
- Responds to people’s concerns in a manner that promotes longer-term solutions
- Seeks to understand others’ frame of reference
- Maximizes use of different means of communication to get across various stakeholders/recipients with diverse needs
EFFECTIVE INTERPERSONAL RELATIONS (Expert)
Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with others; notices and accurately interprets what others are feeling; shows understanding, tact empathy, courtesy, concern, and politeness.
- Fosters an environment conducive to open, transparent communication among all levels
- Shows warmth and empathy for others and their situation while stating opinions in value-free language and treating all fairly
- Manages difficult and complex interpersonal relationships effectively
- Manages disagreements with others in ways that preserve working relationships
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL INSTITUTIONAL AWARENESS (Expert)
Ability to understand and operate within formal and informal structures of an organization, and recognize the impact of external trends and influence on organizational functioning.
- Has an extensive knowledge and insight on external environment and its impact on the organization
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of all organizational systems
- Appropriately anticipates the political consequence of actions; considers the political environment when presenting ideas and taking actions; knows when to get input and build consensus
- Demonstrates broad understanding of social and economic context within which ECC operates
- Understands and anticipates potential trend of the political environment and the impact this may have to the organization
PLANNING AND DELIVERING (Expert)
Ability to set priorities, identify scope and allocate human, financial, and logistical requirements to meet individual, team or organization’s targets and objectives.
- Adjusts plans or redirects resources across projects to fast track completion and achievement of overall goals
- Guides and coaches team members and leaders in using tools, systems or processes to achieve project completion
- Coordinates with individuals or groups or seeks out partnerships to ensure the effective implementation of various tasks/activities
- Demonstrates ability to distribute and/or assign work or goals to individuals based on their role or capability, effectively prioritizing, sequencing and scheduling their work, goals and/or strategies
BUILDING COLLABORATIVE AND INCLUSIVE WORKING RELATIONSHIP (BASIC)
Ability to build a network of reciprocal, high trust, synergetic working relationship within the organization and across the government and relevant sectors. This involves the ability to leverage and maximize opportunities for strategic influencing within the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Seeks information from others (e.g., colleagues, stakeholders, program partners, other government agencies, etc.)
- Maintains personal contact with those who can provide work-related information within the organization
- Builds partnerships and networks to deliver or enhance work outcomes
CREATING AND NURTURING A HIGH PERFORMING ORGANIZATION (BASIC)
Ability to create a high performing organizational culture that is purpose-driven, results-based, client-focused, and team-oriented.
Leverages technologies to create compelling pages that attract ECC’s webpage visitors
- Builds a shared sense of direction among individuals with seemingly disparate views, concerns and aspirations; creates team cohesion and improved individual and team performance
LEADING CHANGE (BASIC)
Ability to generate genuine enthusiasm and momentum for organizational change. It involves engaging and enabling groups to understand, accept and commit to the change agenda. It also includes advancing and sustaining change.
- Implements plans and activities related to change initiative affecting one’s functional area or expertise and motivates employees’ commitment to accept the change.
- Identifies the current situation including dangers, opportunity, forces and cultural elements supportive and resistant to change.
- Publicly defines specific area where change is needed, but does not describe what those changes should be
- Understands that change is necessary requirement for the organization to remain competitive shared sense of direction among individuals with seemingly disperse views, concerns and aspirations; creates team cohesion and improved individual and team performance.
THINKING STRATEGICALLY AND CREATIVELY (BASIC)
Ability to “see the big picture,” think multi-dimensionally, craft innovative solutions, identify connections between situations or things that are not obviously related, and come up with new ideas and different ways to enhance organizational effectiveness and
- Creates or defines goals and initiatives based on how one can support, extend, or align to the goals of one’s department or functional area
- Understands own role in achieving organizational goals
- Understands the organization’s strengths and weaknesses
- Aligns day-to-day actions with organizational issues and opportunities
BENEFICIARY PATIENT-CENTERED CARE (Expert)
Ability to understand the needs of the beneficiary patient; provides personalized care that is responsive to his/her preferences and beliefs and reflects an understanding of his/her environment, including home life, social background, job, family relationships, culture, and other factors.
- Identifies errors and hazards in care; understands and implements basic safety design principles, such as standardization and simplification and human factors training
- Acts as an effective member of the team and improve the quality of team’s performance and one’s own improvement
- Plans, develops, executes and maintains policies and programs that are centered on caring for beneficiary patient
GOVERNMENT AND DEPARTAMENTAL POLICIES AND PROCEDURES (Expert)
Ability to understand and apply knowledge of government and departmental statutes, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Provides advice and guidance concerning statutes, regulations, policies and procedures
- Ensures compliance of ECC to other government and departmental policies and procedures
RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS (Expert)
Ability to demonstrate knowledge and application of terminology, tools, tactics, principles and practices for the successful implementation of a plan.
- Oversees, assesses and provides guidance on the utilization of resources (e.g. financial, personnel and time) required to complete a proposed research
- Utilizes research data and outputs as basis for developing plans and strategies to achieve the Commission’s policies, objectives, and initiatives
RISK MANAGEMENT (Expert)
Ability to plan, develop, and implement measures that will avoid, overcome or compensate for elements of risk.
- Establishes or relies on proven risk management methods, models, and tools
- Develops solutions to mitigate risk and maximize value
- Identifies the risks of negative outcomes (including inadvertent error or fraud)
- Manages work and information within a strategic framework
- Quantifies and assigns probabilities to risks and opportunities (level and likelihood)
TECHNICAL CONSULTING (Expert)
Ability to provide expertise, technical guidance and training to ensure projects and operations are carried out effectively.
- Shares and discusses critical information that increases others employees’ understanding
- Actively supports continuous learning and keeps abreast of new developments within technical area
- Finds appropriate ways to use new ideas, approaches, and knowledge to more effectively address organizational challenges
TECHNICAL WRITING (Expert)
Ability to write useful, relevant and accurate information on a particular occupational field where body of knowledge, complex ideas, concepts, processes or procedures need to be communicated. Geared to a specifically target audience in order to enable a set of actions on the part of the audience in pursuit of a defined goal.
- Plans, develops, and executes programs and policies to ensure that technical writing reports are accurate, relevant, and useful to the functional objectives of the department, division or section
- Influences to innovate or create new ways of writing technical reports to keep abreast of changing technologies and evolving business processes of ECC
Interested and qualified applicants should signify their interest in writing. Attach the following documents to the application letter and send a scanned copy to the email address below not later than 15 January 2022.
- Fully accomplished Personal Data Sheet (PDS) with recent passport-sized picture (CS Form No. 212, Revised 2017) and Work Experience Sheet which can be downloaded at www.csc.gov.ph;
- Performance rating in the present position for one (1) year (For Government Employees Only);
- Photocopy of certificate of eligibility/rating/license; and
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS are advised to send through email their application to:
Ms. Stella Zipagan-Banawis
4th and 5th Floors, ECC Bldg. 355 Sen. Gil Puyat. Ave., Makati City
APPLICATIONS WITH INCOMPLETE DOCUMENTS SHALL NOT BE ENTERTAINED.
“ECC is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment is decided on the applicants’ qualifications, merit, and fitness to the position applied for. ECC does not tolerate discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable laws.”