1 – DIVISION CHIEF IV (WORK CONTINGENCY, PREVENTION AND REHABILITATION DIVISION)
Plantilla Item No.: 32
Salary Grade: 24
Monthly Salary: PHP 83,406.00 + PHP 10,000 (RATA) + PHP 2,000.00 (PERA)
Education: Doctor of Medicine
Training: 40 Hours of Relevant Training
Experience: 4 Years in Position/s involving Management and Supervision |
Eligibility: R.A. 1080
Place of Assignment: ECC Head Office – Makati
REQUIRED LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
BUILDING COLLABORATIVE AND INCLUSIVE WORKING RELATIONSHIP (Intermediate)
Ability to build a network of reciprocal, high trust, synergetic working relationship within the organization and across the government and relevant sectors. This involves the ability to leverage and maximize opportunities for strategic influencing within the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Creates a culture of teamwork and interdependence by facilitating collaboration across the organization
- Works closely with the team and others and ensures they have necessary resources to remain motivated and work effectively
- Keeps team informed about development in the Commission and what this means to them
- Provides clear direction to individuals about performance expectations and checks to ensure understanding
- Clarifies issues when needed and gives explicit instructions to the team when new or different priorities emerge
- Trusts and believes in people’s ability
- Takes action to develop the individual’s task-related skills and knowledge to the next level
LEADING CHANGE (Intermediate)
Ability to generate genuine enthusiasm and momentum for organizational change. It involves engaging and enabling groups to understand, accept and commit to the change agenda. It also includes advancing and sustaining change.
- Constructs a change management plan in which one or more office systems and/or processes are affected either by change intervention conducted internally or by a third party consultant
- Determines and applies appropriate strategies for dealing with resistance to change
- Utilizes basic conflict resolution concepts and techniques for minimizing the negative effects of conflict
- Provides feedback to subordinates on how change is being implemented and gives feedback to ECC Leadership as to how change is being accepted
MANAGING PERFORMANCE AND COACHING FOR RESULTS (Intermediate)
Ability to create an enabling environment which will nurture and sustain a performance-based coaching culture. Effectiveness of this competency also includes strong focus on developing people for current and future needs, managing talent, promoting the value of continuous learning and development.
- Monitors the strategic imperative of the organization and orchestrates teams, work, and organizational culture around this through advanced skills in coaching to achieve performance goals
- Clearly defines goals, objectives, workload standards and performance measurement criteria
- Sets clear, well-defined desired outcomes for work activity and tracks progress
- Objectively assesses an individual’s strengths and areas for development
THINKING STRATEGICALLY AND CREATIVELY (Intermediate)
Ability to “see the big picture,” think multi-dimensionally, craft innovative solutions, identify connections between situations or things that are not obviously related, and come up with new ideas and different ways to enhance organizational effectiveness and responsiveness.
- Plans, crafts and adapts strategies for achieving the vision, mission and objectives of the Commission and secures the proper implementation of these strategies
- Examines policy issues and strategic planning with a long term perspective
- Determines objectives and set priorities and anticipates potential threats or opportunities
- Changes activities to better address larger organizational strategies
REQUIRED TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
Ability to plan, review and prepare financial allocation to operationalize activities of the Commission and its various offices.
- Monitors expenditures and resources to ensure spending is within allotments, and makes appropriate modifications
- Proposes programs and measures to enhance capability and efficiencies in budget allocation and expenditures reporting
- Examines thoroughly budget proposals, requests for funding, and other related matters to determine their appropriateness and approves/disapproves them
- Provides historical patterns of expenditures that will be used for strategic planning of the Commission
BUILDING RELATIONSHIP WITH STAKEHOLDERS (Expert)
Ability to build stakeholder relationships and leverage coalition in the implementation of plans, programs, policies, and activities geared toward the achievement of strategic intents of ECC.
- Develops formal and informal relationships with a wide circle of people, beyond those involved in current activities, including potential stakeholders, the labor sector and related organizations, other ECC-identified stakeholders and information links
- Nurtures existing and potential relationships to help achieve the Commission’s strategic plans
- Works to communicate ECC organizational vision and to understand strategic priorities of other parties, in order to promote recognition of long term mutual benefits within the relationship
DEVELOPING OTHERS (Expert)
Fostering the development of others by providing a supportive environment for enhanced performance and professional growth.
- Provides long-term direction regarding learning needs for staff and how to pursue the attainment of this learning
- Institutes organization-wide mechanics and processes to promote and support continuous learning and improvement
- Manages the learning process to ensure it occurs by design rather than by chance
GOVERNMENT AND DEPARTMENTAL POLICIES AND PROCEDURES (Expert)
Ability to understand and apply knowledge of government and departmental statutes, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Provides advice and guidance concerning statutes, regulations, policies and procedures
- Ensures compliance of ECC to other government and departmental policies and procedures
PROJECT/PROGRAM PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT (Expert)
Ability to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate projects/programs in order to achieve the set objectives within budget, time and quality limits. Ability to manage human, financial, information technology and material resources.
- Adapts quickly to changing situations and modifies project plans when necessary
- Can readily and accurately identify staff capabilities/availability in allocating resources for proposed assignment
- Tracks critical steps in projects to ensure completion within timeframe
- Identifies the skills of team members and analyzes the gaps in skills required to complete the tasks
- Identifies assumptions, risks, project milestones, and determines preliminary resources
- Uses program/project insights, experiences and evaluation results to improve and strengthen its management and implementation
RESPECTING AND CARING FOR PATIENTS (Expert)
Ability to establish a relationship of trust with patient by treating him/her with respect to his/her religious, cultural, or social background; respecting the right of patient to confidentiality and privacy. Adapts quickly to changing situations and modifies project plans when necessary
- Exhibits a wide range of medical knowledge to diagnose, prescribe the right treatment and medication to heal illnesses and injuries
- Identifies foreseeable risks associated with treatment and tells patient about any risk that may have serious consequence
- Guides medical teams in proper care of patients
RISK MANAGEMENT (Expert)
Ability to plan, develop, and implement measures that will avoid, overcome or compensate for elements of risk.
- Establishes or relies on proven risk management methods, models, and tools
- Develops solutions to mitigate risk and maximize value
- Identifies the risks of negative outcomes (including inadvertent error or fraud)
- Manages work and information within a strategic framework
- Quantifies and assigns probabilities to risks and opportunities (level and likelihood)
1 – BUYER IV
Plantilla Item No.: 16
Salary Grade: 11
Monthly Salary: PHP 20,754.00 + PHP 2,000.00 (PERA)
Education: Preferably College Degree
Training: 8 hours of relevant training, preferably in RA 9184
Experience: 2 years of relevant experience, a working knowledge of government procurement is an advantage
Eligibility: Preferably CS Professional or 2nd Level Eligibility
Place of Assignment: ECC Head Office – Makati
REQUIRED TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
COMPUTER LITERACY (Intermediate)
Ability to demonstrate understanding of computers and use of software applications utilized by the Commission to increase productivity and effective flow of work.
- Creates and uses new templates, forms, and style sheets to make documents
- Designs slide presentations with enhanced features using essential MS Office functions such as adding text, images and charts, creating animations and effect transitions
- Writes e-mail messages in accordance with established business standards (e.g. grammar, word usage, spelling, sentence structure, clarity)
- Navigates within a web site and/or uses search engine (e.g. Google, Google maps) to find information
EQUIPMENT, MATERIALS AND SUPPLIES MANAGEMENT (Intermediate)
Ability to advise, review and coordinate the acquisition, loan, transfer and disposal of accountable property items per RA 9184 regulations and ECC property policies and procedures, and the ECC acquisition and property management processes.
- Reviews orders to verify proper code and classification of property (e.g., accountable and non-accountable) and following appropriate ECC procedures
- Coordinates with Procurement team for the acquisition, shipment, maintenance, transfer and retirement of surplus ECC equipment
PROCUREMENT, PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT (Intermediate)
Ability to manage the process of acquiring goods and services necessary for the performance of the Commission’s mandate and goals complying with the requirements of RA 9184.
- Forecasts the department’s/division’s requirements for supplies, equipment and services
- Evaluates, tabulates, computes, ranks and generates data on various aspects of the procurement process
Interested and qualified applicants should signify their interest in writing. Attach the following documents to the application letter and send to the address below not later than 14 March 2020.
- Fully accomplished Personal Data Sheet (PDS) with recent passport-sized picture (CS Form No. 212, Revised 2017) and Work Experience Sheet which can be downloaded at csc.gov.ph;
- Performance rating in the present position for one (1) year (For Government Employees Only);
- Photocopy of certificate of eligibility/rating/license; and
- Photocopy of Transcript of Records.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS are advised to hand in or send through courier/email their application to:
Ms. Stella Zipagan-Banawis
4th and 5th Floors, ECC Bldg. 355 Sen. Gil Puyat. Ave., Makati City
APPLICATIONS WITH INCOMPLETE DOCUMENTS SHALL NOT BE ENTERTAINED.
“ECC is an equal opportunity employer. All employment is decided on the applicants’ qualifications, merit, and fitness to the position applied for. ECC does not tolerate discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable laws.”