PRESCRIBING THE GUIDELINES ON INCREASING THE TEMPORARY TOTAL DISABILITY (TTD) BENEFITS IN THE PRIVATE SECTOR AS PROVIDED IN SECTION 7 OF EXECUTIVE ORDER (E.O.) NO. 54 (“INCREASING EMPLOYEE’S COMPENSATION BENEFITS IN THE PRIVATE SECTOR AND CARER’S ALLOWANCE IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR”)
WHEREAS, on May 8, 2018, President Rodrigo Roa Duterte signed Executive Order (E.O.) No. 54 (“Increasing Employees’ Compensation Benefits in the Private Sector and Carer’s Allowance in the Public Sector”);
WHEREAS, Section 7 of E.O. No. 54 provides:
“Section 7. Temporary Total Disability Benefits (TTD) for the Private Sector. The amount of EC TTD shall be increased from a minimum daily income benefit of Php 10 to Php 110 and from a maximum daily income benefit of Php 200 to Php 480.”
WHEREAS, Section 9 of E.O. No. 54 provides that the ECC shall issue such rules and regulations as may be necessary to implement the said Executive Order;
WHEREAS, Section 12 of E.O. No. 54 further provides that E.O. No. 54 shall take effect immediately upon its publication in a newspaper of general circulation;
WHEREAS, E.O. No. 54 was published on May 1 9, 2018 (Saturday) in the Philippine Star;
NOW THEREFORE, ON MOTION DULY MADE AND SECONDED
This Commission RESOLVES as it hereby RESOLVED, that the following guidelines in the implementation of Section 7 of E.O. No. 54 be approved:
- Increase in the Amount of Temporary Total Disability (TTD) in the Private Sector.
The amount of TTD benefits in the private sector shall be increased from a minimum daily income benefit of Php 10 to Php 110 and from a maximum daily income benefit of Php 200 to Php 480.”
- Effectivity and Application of Increase
The increase in the amount of TTD benefits took effect on May 19 , 2018 and is applicable based on the date of contingency. The approved benefit shall be granted by the SSS in the following manner:
- If the approved TTD period is prior to the effectivity of EO 54 even if claim is filed after the effectivity of EO 54, the old TTD amount of benefit shall be applied.
- If the approved TTD period covers a combined period prior and after the effectivity of EO 54, but claim is filed after the effectivity of EO 54 , the old TTD amount-of benefit shall be applied for the period prior to May 19, 2018 and the new TTD amount of benefit shall be applied for the period from May 19, 2018;
- Appropriation and Release from the SIF
The SSS is hereby directed to appropriate and release the amount necessary to cover the increase in the amount of TTD benefits.
RESOLVED FURTHER , that all previous Rules and Regulations which are inconsistent with this Resolution are hereby repealed or modified accordingly;
RESOLVED FINALLY that copies of this Resolution be duly furnished to the SSS and to the GSIS for compliance and proper guidance.
DONE, this 21st day of June, 2018, in Makati City, Philippines .
(SGD.) SILVESTRE H. BELLO III
Department of Labor and Employment
(SGD.) JOSEFINA O. FORNILOS
Social Security System
(SGD.) DIONISIO C. EBDANE, JR.
Government Service Insurance System
(SGD.) CARLITO P. ROBLE
(SGD.) STELLA ZIPAGAN-BANAWIS
Employees’ Compensation Commission – Secretariat