PRESCRIBING THE GUIDELINES IN PROVIDING IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE TO THE VICTIMS OF THE FIRE INCIDENT AT HOUSE TECHNOLOGY INDUSTRIES
WHEREAS, on 01 February 2017, a fire hit a PEZA locator, House Technology Industries (HTI) in General Trias Cavite;
WHEREAS, there are workers who died and got injured during the said fire incident;
WHEREAS, this Commission recognizes the need to fast track the processing of their EC Benefits;
WHEREAS, Article 183 (c) of P.D. No. 626, as amended, empowers this Commission “to approve rules and regulations governing the processing of claims”;
NOW, THEREFORE, ON MOTION DULY MADE AND SECONDED,
This Commission RESOLVES as it hereby RESOLVED to prescribe the following guidelines in providing immediate ECP assistance to the victims of House Technology Industries, (HTI) Inc. fire incident:
- The Secretariat, through its Quick Response Program (QRP), shall conduct home visits as soon as possible to the survivors and/or to the families of the victims for orientation on ECP benefits.
- The Secretariat shall coordinate with the authorities such as, but not limited to, DOLE-RO-IV-A, BWC, BFP-Cavite, PEZA-Cavite and/or the concerned LGUs, for updates on the names and number of injured workers/fatalities;
- The Secretariat shall provide the SSS Main Office with the official list of injured workers/fatalities that may be issued by the said authorities;
- The SSS Main Office shall disseminate the said official list to all concerned SSS branches which have jurisdiction over the addresses of the injured workers/casualty/families of the victims. The absence of signatures of the employer, the non-maintenance of EC logbook, the failure to register the concerned workers with the SSS and/or the failure to remit EC contribution should not delay/bar the processing of application for EC benefits;
- Upon receipt of death claims from the family of the victim, the concerned SSS branch shall dispense with the submission of Certificate of Employment, Log Book, Job Description, Death Certificate, and/or Investigation or Police Report. Instead, the SSS shall adopt the official list provided by the Secretariat as proof that the worker died due to the said incident.
- In case a claim is for EC disability benefits, the SSS shall only require the submission of Certification from the concerned authorities that the worker sustained his/her injury due to the said incident.
- The SSS shall formulate the supplemental guidelines on the release of EC benefits to the injured workers and/or to the qualified beneficiaries of the victims.
RESOLVED, FINALLY, that this Resolution shall take effect immediately and copy of this Resolution be furnished to the SSS for information and guidance.
DONE, this 9th day of February 2017, in Makati City, Philippines.
(SGD.) CIRIACO A. LAGUNZAD
Department of Labor and Employment
(SGD.) BRENDA P. VIOLA
Social Security System
(SGD.) DIONISIO C. EBDANE, JR.
Government Service Insurance System
(SGD.) CARLITO P. ROBLE
(SGD.) RAMON F. ARISTOZA, JR.
Philippine Health Insurance Corporation
(SGD.) STELLA ZIPAGAN-BANAWIS
Employees’ Compensation Commission – Secretariat