ECC-BAC RESOLUTION NO. 21-07-30
Prescribing the Guidelines on the Interruption of the Periods of all Ongoing
Procurement Processes and Activities in the ECC during the Implementation
of Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) in the National Capital Region
(NCR) effective August 6,2021
WHEREAS, on July 29, 2021, the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) issued IATF Resolution No. 130-A, Series of 2021, placing the National Capital Region (NCR) under Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) status effective August 6,2021;
WHEREAS, due to the impending implementation of the ECQ in the NCR, the office operations in the ECC would he limited to work from home (WFH) or skeletal arrangements in accordance with IATF Omnibus Guidelines on Community Quarantine as of May 20, 2021 in correlation with Civil Service Commission Memorandum Circular (CSC-MC) No. 18-2020, s. 2020, dated 15 October, 2020;
WHEREAS, considering that due to observance of health protocols in the ECC and considering further that almost all ECC personnel would be on a WFH or skeletal arrangement, the conduct of procurement processes and activities could not be physically undertaken during the period of implementation of ECQ in the NCR without putting the health and safety of all BAC personnel at risk;
WHEREAS, the Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations (RIIR) of ILA. No. 9184 authorizes the Government Procurement Policy Board (GPPB) to formulate public procurement policies, rules and regulations, and amend the said RIIR, if necessary;
WHEREAS, on May 7, 2020, the GPPB promulgates Resolution No. 09-2020 (“Approving Measures for the Efficient Conduct of Procurement Activities during a State of Calamity, or Implementation of Community Quarantine or Similar Restrictions”);
WHEREAS, the said Resolution allows the BAC, among others, to suspend the conduct of procurement activities during the implementation of the community quarantine and the tolling of the periods for the procurement projects covered by the suspension;
NOW, THEREFORE, in compliance with the directives stated in GPPB Resolution No. 09-2020, the ECC-13AC has RESOLVED, as it hereby RESOLVES to promulgate the following guidelines on the Interruption of the period of all procurement processes and activities during the implementation of the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) in the NCR effective August 6,2021:
- Coverage. These guidelines shall be applicable on all ongoing procurement processes and activities which are affected by the declaration of ECQ in the NCR effective August 6,2021.
- Interruption of the Procurement Period. The prescribed period on all ongoing procurement processes and activities shall be deemed interrupted during the entire duration of the implementation of the ECQ in the NCR until the lifting thereof by the Office of the President or by the IATF.
- Application of Interruption. The interruption of the period on all ongoing procurement processes and activities shall be applied effective August 6,2021.
- Resumption of Procurement Period. All procurement periods shall resume upon the lifting of declaration of ECQ in the NCR.
- Notification to Affected Bidders and Posting on the Website. The BAC Secretariat shall notify all affected bidders through electronic means of this BAC Resolution and post the said notice on the ECC website.
DONE, this 30th day of July 2021, in Makati City, Philippines.
(SGD.) ATTY. JONATHAN T. VILLASOTO
(SGD.) MA. CECILIA E. MAULION
(SGD.) JAY B. GALASINAO
(SGD.) DIANNE KRISELLE LAW-QUINLOG, M.D.