BOARD RESOLUTION NO. 21-05-19
Guidelines on the Implementation of Administrative Order No. 39 of the Office of the President Authorizing the Grant of a One-Time Financial Assistance of P20,000.00 to Employees’ Compensation
Pensioners in the Private Sector
WHEREAS, on April 19, 2021, President Rodrigo Roa Duterte signed Administrative Order (A.O.) No. 39 s. 2021 on Authorizing the Grant of a One-Time Financial Assistance of P20,000.00 to Employees’ Compensation Pensioners;
WHEREAS, Section 1 of A.O. No. 39 s. 2021 provides that the ECC is authorized to grant a one-time financial assistance of P20,000.00 to EC pensioners for permanent partial disability, permanent total disability, or death/survivorship in the private and public sectors subject to the availability of funds and pertinent laws, rules and regulations;
WHEREAS, Section 3 of A.O. No. 39 s. 2021 provides that the ECC, in coordination with the SSS and GSIS, shall issue the implementing rules and regulations necessary for the effective implementation of the said Administrative Order;
WHEREAS, A.O. No. 39 has been published in the Official Gazette on 19 April 2021 in compliance with Section 6 thereof which provides that the Administrative Order shall take effect immediately upon its publication in the Official Gazette or in a newspaper of general circulation;
WHEREAS, the ECC has coordinated with the SSS and GSIS on the preparation of the implementing rules and regulations of the Administrative Order;
NOW THEREFORE, ON MOTION DULY MADE AND SECONDED
This Commission RESOLVES as it hereby RESOLVED, to approve the following guidelines in the implementation of A.O. No. 39 in the private sector:
I. Coverage. All EC pensioners who received at least one month PPD, PTO or death pension from 01 January 2020 to 31 May 2021 are entitled to the P20,000 financial assistance.
II. Processing and Release.
- There is no need to apply for the one-time financial assistance. The SSS shall process the financial assistance in the same manner as the pensions are processed.
- The one-time financial assistance shall be processed for the pensioners’ disbursement accounts with SSS or through cheques (for pensioners receiving their pension through cheques), starting May 2021.
- One pensioner, one one-time financial assistance. The financial assistance shall be granted to the pensioner on a one-time basis regardless of his/her number and/or type of approved EC PPD, PTD or death pension.
- In case of death of the EC pensioner during the prescribed period of 01 January 2020 to 31 May 2021, the one-time financial assistance shall be released to his/her beneficiary.
In accordance with Board Resolution No. 20-07-13, Section 1.3 on Order of Payment, dated 17 July 2020, amending Rule XIV, Section 1 of the Amended Rules on Employees’ Compensation, the one-time financial assistance shall be released to the qualified beneficiaries in the following order:
- Legitimate surviving spouse
- In the absence of the legitimate surviving spouse – to the legitimate dependent children
- In the absence of qualified primary beneficiaries – to the illegitimate dependent children beneficiaries
- In the absence of dependent illegitimate children – to the surviving dependent parent of the covered member. If both dependent parents are still alive, the one-time financial assistance shall be divided equally.
III. Effectivity. This Resolution shall take effect immediately following its publication in a newspaper of general circulation.
RESOLVED FURTHER, that all previous Rules and Regulations which are inconsistent with this Resolution are hereby repealed or modified accordingly;
RESOLVED FINALLY that copies of this Resolution be duly furnished to the SSS for guidance.
DONE, this 21st day of May 2021, in Makati City, Philippines.
(SGD.) SILVESTRE H. BELLO III
Department of Labor and Employment
(SGD.) AURORA CRUZ IGNACIO
Social Security System
(SGD.) NORA M. MALUBAY
Government Service Insurance System
(SGD) CARLITO P. ROBLE
(SGD) ELI DINO D. SANTOS
Philippine Health Insurance Corporation
(SGD) STELLA ZIPAGAN-BANAWIS
Employees’ Compensation Commission – Secretariat
Published: May 29, 2021, The Philippine Star